“Most enjoyable experience of my life (and I’ve had a terrific life).”
-Bill W. (Rally School Student)
“If I could give more than 5 stars…
Unbelievable experience! No words to describe the feeling. The best instructors, working together, but each one in his own way. Great planning, wonderful atmosphere …people say, In order to have better life you should lower your expectations… NOT here , built yours to the sky, they will surprise you!”
-Gilad A. (Rally School Student)
“As a parent- I want to personally thank all of the instructors for the standards of safety you upheld, and for the confidence you instilled. Even as the other novice students drove my precious child in the backseat, I felt comfortable knowing she was in capable hands with you. It is your phenomenal skill that allowed me to let go of worrying, and in turn I got to focus on my own driving.”
-Sonia (Rally School Student)
Why Choose Team O’Neil?
All car control training and performance driving schools deliver a fun experience and will improve your driving skills to varying degrees. That said, we believe we’re a step above others thanks to more than 20 years of development in such a unique training discipline. Below are some of the more important aspects of Team O’Neil that set Team O’Neil apart from the rest:
Our instructors are the most experienced instructors in the industry. As full-time, year-round employees they share a passion for driving and teaching. An instructor is in the car with our students at all times, providing real-time instruction to improve your skills and keep you safe. Our curriculum has been refined over more than twenty years, our courses present you with the best information, in the best way possible, to make sure that you get the best experience possible while here at Team O’Neil.
Rally racing is incredibly unique in its use of real roads in mostly rural settings. Our 583-acre facility is situated in New Hampshire’s White Mountains with over 500 ft of elevation change. We offer 6 miles of roads and two skidpad/slalom training areas which were built solely for this purpose. The result is roads that are filled with different radius turns, elevation changes, and a variety of challenges you will face in competition as well as in everyday driving.
Rally racing is incredibly fun, but it’s also incredibly demanding from a preparation and maintenance aspect. Driving cars hard, on rough dirt surfaces daily creates a long list of problems. Our equipment and roads take a beating (to put it kindly). Our team of instructors, mechanics and other staff know all the tricks to keep our roads, cars and facility operating in even the most challenging scenarios.
IT’S NOT SCHOOL, IT’S TRAINING
We don’t “teach” you how to drive, we train you how to drive. We train instincts on the fly, building the proper heuristics and muscle memory to do the correct thing when it counts, and these skills last a lifetime. Your ability to recall driving theory years down the road is of little importance because in real situations, if you have to think, it’s usually too late.
VARIETY OF CARS AND DRIVETRAINS
Over 5 days you will get behind the wheel of FWD, AWD and RWD vehicles. We want you to experience each drivetrain and learn the strengths and weaknesses. The ultimate result is a better overall skillset in your preferred type of vehicle. For the second half of the 5-day curriculum we do allow students to spend more time in their preferred platform.
THIS IS WHERE THE BEST COME TO TRAIN
Rally racers, off-road racers, road racers, extreme sports athletes, and special forces personnel from across the globe choose to train at Team O’Neil. We’re fortunate and thankful to have developed a large network of alumni who serve as our ambassadors and recommend Team O’Neil to friends and colleagues.
Our school was built in this accessible location for this purpose. The White Mountains of New Hampshire are a premiere scenic vacation destination in their own right. Littleton, NH is only ten minutes away and is home to idyllic New England Main Street. While here you’ll find world-class dining, lodging, attractions and tax-free shopping.
IT’S PROBABLY THE MOST FUN YOU CAN HAVE ON FOUR WHEELS
We’re one of the only places in the world that you can slide cars around all day, without getting in trouble. Simply enjoy learning and having fun without worrying about damages to the cars or property. There is no additional charges if a car is damaged or has mechanical wear. (That said, if we feel any student is putting themselves or our instructors in danger, you will be asked to leave the facility)
Frequently Asked Questions
The easiest way to book a course is right here on our website, but if there are any issues or questions not answered here, please call us during business hours (603-444-4488) 8:30-5:00pm EST or send us an email any time (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The online calendar shows available course dates. Courses are a progressive curriculum so you can book anywhere from 1-5 days and if you don’t complete all 5 days, you may return and pickup where you left off. If you’re unable to settle on a date, it’s also possible to purchase a course voucher, and if you’re giving a course as a gift, there are gift certificates available as well. If booking a return visit to complete your 5 day course please call us to book.
A typical day here starts at 9am with a brief classroom session (a bit longer on Day 1), followed by driving exercises until lunch. Lunch is provided for you on-site, then driving exercises continue until around 3:30-3:45pm. There are a few short (10-15 min) classroom sessions throughout the day as new exercises or skills are introduced. We have a two-to-one student instructor ratio, and you are welcome to either ride along or watch from the outside any time you are not actually behind the wheel. You are welcome to bring a friend or family member to watch or take photos. There is usually an optional class at the end of each day that you are welcome to attend, whether it’s a mechanical class, introduction to rally competition, or a rally navigation class.
Team O’Neil is located in the beautiful White Mountains, just outside the quaint New England town of Littleton NH. Littleton is quickly becoming famous for its Main St. community of restaurants, shops, lodging and more. Our location allowed us to build and operate the rally school in a challenging mountainous environment best suited to the types of driving that we teach and enjoy. Thanks to this location, our facility has 6 miles of authentic rally roads and two dedicated training areas. We operate year-round, and there are plenty of other activities nearby to enjoy including ski areas, mountain biking, hiking, fishing, shooting, golf, shopping, restaurants, breweries, and much more.
After signing up for a course, you’ll receive an email detailing when and where to meet, what airports and hotels are most convenient, what local restaurants are best, what gear to bring, etc. Most of this information can also be found in the “About” tab on our website as well. Lunch will be provided on-site when you come take your course, and no special equipment is needed (helmets, driving suits, footwear, etc). We do recommend not wearing bulky boots. Just remember to bring season-appropriate clothing and an open mind!
Our rally courses start everyone out in front wheel drive Ford Fiestas for the first day to best learn the fundamentals of car control and left foot braking. Students in the 2 Day Course and longer will drive all wheel drive cars (Subaru Impreza), on Day 3 or 4 we add rear wheel drive cars (BMW 3 Series), then more powerful and turbocharged cars on Day 4 and Day 5 depending on student’s progress (Ford Fiesta ST and Subaru WRX). See more about the cars you can drive
A desire to learn and have fun! No racing experience is required, and we’ll train anyone who isn’t proficient with a manual transmission. There are no licenses needed to take a course at Team O’Neil. Students must be ages 14 and above, and be able to comfortably see over the steering wheel and reach the pedals. A parent or guardian must sign the waiver for any minors taking part in a course.
Rally is the sport of driving road-legal, production-based vehicles as quickly as possible on closed sections of public and/or private roads. Competition vehicles then drive between stages on open, public roads to get to the next competition stage. These races are held across the world, on all surfaces, and often total distances over 300 miles.
Preparing for your Visit
There are a few other things we recommend that will help you enjoy your visit to the fullest degree.
- While we do provide lunch and snacks, we encourage you to eat a good breakfast before coming out to Team O’Neil. Students are regularly surprised by the amount of energy they exert during their visit to the school.
- Check the forecast, we enjoy four very distinct seasons in Northern New Hampshire and the weather can vary from day to day. We have a secure classroom and cabins on each training area, so you can easily shed layers etc.
- We recommend staying hydrated. Don’t let having too much fun in the evening ruin your experience behind the wheel.
- Team O’Neil does not require any previous driving experience but we do expect you arrive with an open mind and ready to learn. Anyone not open to coaching from our instructors is a safety risk to yourself, our employees, and the other customers. You may be asked to leave if deemed unsafe, and given a refund of any remaining training time.
There are a few things you will need to plan, and bring to ensure you have an incredible experience at Team O’Neil.
- Clothing: We do not require fireproof clothing for our students. We recommend comfortable clothing such as jeans, and shoes that will work well for driving and feeling the pedals (not large boots). Remember we are on dirt surfaces, wear shoes that you know may get dirty or muddy. Wear multiple layers, temperatures in northern New Hampshire change through the day, you can always leave extra clothes in our cabins and classrooms.
- Lodging: Team O’Neil does not provide lodging for students. We work with several local properties that we recommend. Click here to learn more!
- Food: While we do provide lunch, you are responsible for your own breakfast and dinners. We recommend several local eateries. Click here to learn more!
- Transportation: You are responsible for your own transportation to and from the school. We do offer to meet students on the first day at the Hampton Inn in Littleton, NH to lead them to the facility. If you choose to drive yourself please plan ahead, do not simply trust your GPS! For an area map click here.
For commercial fights we recommend Manchester, NH (MHT), Boston, MA (BOS) and in some cases Montreal, QC Canada. Manchester is closer and simpler, Boston is often more desirable for distant destinations and international flights. Montreal (YUL) can be a good option for some travelers and in winter months their rental cars are equipped with snow tires (we like that!). The Mt. Washington Regional Airport is a non-commercial airport located in close proximity to the rally school, open year-round to small and mid-sized planes.
When you come to take a course at Team O’Neil, we include most of what you’ll need to enjoy your experience.
- A selection of fully-prepped FWD, AWD and RWD rally cars (not all classes use all types of cars), includes gas, tires and any other requirements.
- All safety equipment including helmets, competition-grade seat belts, and prepped vehicles
- A personalized course handbook
- Full damage coverage on our vehicles if you have any type of incident or accident
- Lunch, drinks and snacks for each day of your visit
- Upon course completion, rally course students receive a $30 merchandise credit, individualized action photo and certificate
Students are responsible for all transportation to and from the school, lodging, and breakfast/dinner.